Powers and Duties of the Board of Directors
Section 1: Powers. The Board of Directors shall have power to:
- exercise for the Association all powers, duties and authority vested in or delegated to this Association and not reserved to the Ownership by other provisions of these By-Laws, the Articles of Incorporation, or the Protective Covenants and Restrictions;
- declare the office of a Owner of the Board of Directors to be vacant in the event such Owner shall be absent from three (3) consecutive regular meetings of the Board of Directors;
- employ a manager, an independent contractor, or such other employees as they deem necessary, and to prescribe their duties;
- file legal action on behalf of the Association to enforce any covenants affecting the properties;
- adopt and publish rules and regulations governing the use of the facilities and the personal conduct of the Owners and their guests thereon, and to establish penalties for the infraction thereof;
- suspend the voting rights of a Owner during any period in which such Owner shall be in default in the payment of any assessment levied by the Association. Such rights may also be suspended after notice and hearing, for a period not to exceed 60 days for infraction of published rules and regulations.
Section 2: Duties. It shall be the duty of the Board of Directors to:
- cause to be kept a complete record of all its acts and corporate affairs and to present a statement thereof to the Owners at the annual meeting of the Owners, or any special meeting which such meeting has been called by the Owners;
- supervise all officers, agents and employees of this Association, and to see that their duties are properly performed;
- as more fully provided in the Protective Covenants and Restrictions of Westridge Auburn (aka Calla Crest) Homeowners Association, as amended, to:
- fix the amount of any assessments against a Residential Lot and to send a written notice of such assessment to every owner at least thirty (30) days in advance of such assessment.
- foreclose any liens against the property for which assessments are not paid within thirty (30) days after due date or to bring an action at law against the Owner personally obligated to pay the same.
- procure and maintain at the discretion of the Board of Directors adequate hazard insurance on property owned by the Association;
- cause all officers or employees having fiscal responsibilities to be bonded as it may deem appropriate; and
- cause the property held by the Association to be maintained in accordance with the provisions of the Protective Covenants and Restrictions.